I would like...

Export Sway to PDF, Word document, or PPT presentation

The ability to export a Sway, whether as a PDF file, or as input to Word or PowerPoint. Sway's experience is responsive web, but it's also a powerful modular template engine for other platforms.

3,230 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike Tremoulet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

249 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! would you please be so kind to tell us if you know, how to make a mind map on Sway?

• Samuel Stevenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay. I just discovered that the rep was only partially correct. The "..." menu on the PC app does not provide an 'Export' option. HOWEVER, the browser version does.

• jae trini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sways to RTF or .doc files. For content originating in Sway format, a source file for offline editing would be a plus.

Sway is beta at best, since it claims this "PDF" functionality but it appears sometimes and sometimes not. Second, I tried to move 15 jpeg slides into a "slide show" and it starts importing them, then repeatedly says "Sway stumbled We need to refresh Sway to fix the problem" and then gives me the option to "refresh" or "my sway". When I (repeatedly) select "refresh", it then says, "UH Oh. Looks like something went wrong. Don't worry though, we made a note of the error and will investigate it. Please refresh the page to continue to use sway" I hit "refresh" and the endless, useless cycle continues.

• Courtney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only way to export is to visit the share link and click the "..." menu from there. Why is this feature not built in to the app?

• Jonathan Otter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was not working for me while signed in. Received an error and had to refresh.

I created a 'shared' link, opened it up in another browser (without signing into Office 365), and export worked.

Results aren't ideal out of the box, but the file is easy to edit as needed.

Thanks

Good morning – I got an update that this is now possible. However I cannot find the button. Can you please confirm this option is available? PB

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's being 8 months since the last update. Do you have any news on this?

• bira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The workaround to print the Sway doesn't work, only one page is generated.

• RobS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This continues to be a serious limitation for Sway. When will this be fixed?

• Wisnu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so has there been update on this? It's June 2017 and I still don't see functionality to download this as PDF/PPT/Word

I tried going to accessibility view and doing select all, copy and paste into word and got all the text and none of images, if anyone wants to try working with that.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base