I would like...

Export Sway to PDF, Word document, or PPT presentation

The ability to export a Sway, whether as a PDF file, or as input to Word or PowerPoint. Sway's experience is responsive web, but it's also a powerful modular template engine for other platforms.

3,213 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike TremouletMike Tremoulet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So there is a workaround you can use to help you export your Sway to PDF.

For now you can…
    1) Click on the … in the top, right corner of your Sway
    2) Choose Accessibility View
    3) Change the browser to be about the size of the paper you’ll use (for best results)
    4) Select browser built in-printing. (On Edge, Chrome, Safari – press Ctrl-P (Command-P on Mac) or use “…”/Print menu. In IE – use Tools (gear icon)/Print/Print Preview.)
    5) Choose paper size, select PDF output. (For best results in IE, please check “Print Background colors and images” checkbox.)
    6) Print!

Note: This doesn’t work on Firefox, and not all items in your Sway may print (such as embedded content).

We hope this will help you with some of your needs!

233 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • birabira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The workaround to print the Sway doesn't work, only one page is generated.

• RobSRobS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This continues to be a serious limitation for Sway. When will this be fixed?

• WisnuWisnu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so has there been update on this? It's June 2017 and I still don't see functionality to download this as PDF/PPT/Word

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried going to accessibility view and doing select all, copy and paste into word and got all the text and none of images, if anyone wants to try working with that.

And yes, the workaround did not work, it would only do one page and it was very hard to get the sizing correct.

• Mike StudholmeMike Studholme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Right now I don't know how to print a Sway program. My nice program is useless until I figure out how to move it or print it.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sway is utter waste of time without export functionality.
        the suggested 'workaround' is a joke I think?

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, i'm encouraging students at the university where i teach and advise on blended learning to use the convenience of SWAY as a way of generating assignment evidence. However, the lack of an 'official' means to export to print is a consistent criticism from staff.

I have followed the instructions, but the print dialogue only seems to allow me to print the first page and nothing more. Did I miss something? - Using a Mac

• Reginald BrehautReginald Brehaut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a new suggestion, it has been raised many time before -- and it is still a very important one. If there is any limitation that will keep me from a more extensive use of Sway, it is the lack of ability to export the text that I have created in Sway without having to copy and paste very changed text card.

Is there any intention to provide this function, and if so, when can we expect to see it?

I learned AFTER I was finished creating something in Sway (because I wanted it to be pretty for an online audience) that I needed to have a printable handout to bring to a meeting. Not being able to efficiently export this to Word, PDF, Powerpoint, literally anything that prints is super frustrating.

• SueSue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to export Sway to another format I can interact offline, such as power point, even PDF could work as long as you don't have audio/video on your sway, but it has had been impossible to work it out offline.

• JJ ZwaldJJ Zwald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are other posts on this ; I just would like to say that the work around described give bad results with the browser print function.

A converter to PDF would be appreciated.

I need to export to a pdf and cannot do it. The instructions above did not work. How can a program like this not have an 'export' function. Come on, Microsoft. I'm trying to use your products and talk you up...but things like this make it difficult!

• DannyDanny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must!
        I am baffled how this Microsoft Sway doesn't even have any sort of compatibility with their own software.

• Salina VianiSalina Viani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does not work! I spent one whole night trying to present a court presentation on Sway, then Oh no everyone wants money!
        Windows 10 is as useless as Trump!
        Everybody gouges you for what everyone loved about Microsoft what a FN' rip off!
        I wish I would never have bought Windows 10, what a money grubbing farse!
        You can't do **** without buying more of this and that and the other.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base