I would like...

Remove Sway from App Launcher if Sway is disabled

For companies that disable Sway in Office 365 the "app" should not be seen in the App Launcher. This is what happens when you disable O365 Video but Sway seems to stick even if it's disabled.

Having a link to Sway gives user the wrong idea that Sway is part of Office 365 suite of tools they know are approved for use in the enterprise.

93 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin Bergman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how can I disable and/or remove Sway? It does not seem to have anything of professional interest to me and this is a company owned computer

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

According to the KB article it sounds like the only way to remove this for all users is via PowerShell script?

In the example in the associated KB article on how to do this (https://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn771769.aspx), we would use the syntax below to disable SharePoint Online (SHAREPOINTENTERPRISE) and Office Online (SHAREPOINTWAC) for all users. Would we use 'SWAY' as the service plan variable to disable Sway

$x = New-MsolLicenseOptions -AccountSkuId "litwareinc:ENTERPRISEPACK" -DisabledPlans "SHAREPOINTWAC", "SHAREPOINTENTERPRISE"

Get-MsolUser | Where-Object {$_.isLicensed -eq $True} | Set-MsolUserLicense -LicenseOptions $x

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news about how to remove Sway title from the App Launcher ? Thanks in advance

Please let us remove the sway app from the launcher pane. It is unbelieveable that the removal is not possible only for this app. What is the intention for this?

• J Aaron Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on the capability of removing SWAY from OFF the App Launcher Pane ? My Classes begun yesterday and Im bombarded by communications on this... pls make the disabled restriction in my admin panel ENFORCE propagation to app launcher. thx in advance

Agreed - this is basically the reverse behaviour of what we want. We'd like to keep the option to use it open, or ideally give access just to certain users. But whether or not they have access should be able to be controlled completely separately from the icon being in the Launcher.

• J Aaron Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have Sway TURNED OFF in my admin panel because we want our private enterprise organization to focus on OWA mail , people and calendering ... and SWAY is Still prominent in our App Grid Launcher... My CIO is content with Sway being available for use of faculty that digg deeper in "other/more apps" but I have it DISABLED in my ServiceSettings>Sway>do not share Sway w/ my organization IS OFF... Sway still shows up prominent in O365 EDU A3... ! pls fix !!

• Lisa Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when this will be fixed? My customer is impacted by this and it has created an onslaught of help desk calls when end users click on Sway from the App Launcher.

Any update on this capability? I have the same need; we are not ready to support it yet and have disabled it under Service Settings but would like the icon gone from App Launcher as well.

• Sri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this option in our Education tenant. Please update it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
        Glow Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base