Sway

Welcome to Sway’s Suggestion Box!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. We will read all suggestions and respond to every suggestion that gets at least 20 votes. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion boxes, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Standard Disclaimer
(Our lawyers made us put this here ;-) )
Please note that the Sway Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

I would like...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to import TimeToast timelines

i use the website timetoast to make timelines and i would like to be able to import one in to a sway

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • 1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At this time, you can’t manually override the style’s layout of your Sway. However, we do have a style that centers all content. (Currently the 4th row of styles.) What do you think of these styles? Let us know by leaving a comment. :)

• Standard Business Reporting - Enterprise

I would like additional content sources for #Sway to include Standard Business Reporting. Information is defined once in the SBR AU (Definitional) Taxonomy and re-used many times across reports. These data elements can be used in a variety of ways to review and report business and financial information.

Please review www.sbr.gov.au

The taxonomy is designed from an information classification perspective and would be enhanced with additional sources such as dashboards, sound clouds and linked to Business Intelligence capability in Azure.

I would like to discuss sway on a confidential basis through @skypebusiness.

Thx for your consideration of these matters.

Kind…

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Edit Image with filters and Typography (Font Candy)

With great social applications such as Instagram able to edit images with premade filters and add new and typography on the image similar to font candy on windows phone [1]

[1]http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/font-candy-typography-photo-editor/9e404244-0f24-4c1e-9b97-6bc4b0f39761

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Sway and Word Linked Together

There should be a link that can be used by the user to use a word document on their OneDrive on Sway. The document can only be visible to the Sway user and as changes are made in word they reflect on Sway.

For example, if there is a paragraph about Frankenstein on a word document, there should be an option to add it and convert any main headings, links and whatnot to Sway. AS their are changes added to the document, they also reflect upon real time or upon save (depending on user) posted on the Sway.

12 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Sway for Business Sales presentations

I'd like to use Sway as a tool for our Sales people to create personalized customer presentations.
              What I'd need would be for Sway to stay within our O365 tenant (not public), to be configured to look at specific publishing libraries for master presentation slides (stored as images maybe?), disclaimers etc.
              After that it would be nice to be able to have an offline format (through OneNote maybe?) and share it selectively with customers.
              SharePoint used to have a Slide Library that we used in a similar way. I think Sway could be the killer app for Sales!

15 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the suggestions! Some of them (like enterprise compliance) have already been suggested by other users, so make sure you go vote for their ideas. Can you elaborate more on what publishing libraries for master presentation slides Sway should be configured to? What disclaimers you would need? Let us know in the comments!

• Enalbe / Disable by user

manage the enable / disable setting by user. Currently we could manage it for whole tenant. But we would allow to specific user such as by grade, FAC or STU, etc. Your consideration would be really appreciated.

Reference site:
                https://support.office.com/en-us/client/results?Shownav=true&lcid=1041&ns=O365ENTADMIN&version=15&omkt=en-us&ver=15&services=YAMMER_EDU%2cOFFICESUBSCRIPTION%2cSHAREPOINTWAC_EDU%2cSHAREPOINTSTANDARD_EDU%2cEXCHANGE_S_STANDARD%2cMCOSTANDARD%2cAAD_PREMIUM%2cMFA_PREMIUM%2cBI_AZURE_P0&HelpID=O365E_ServiceSettings_%20AdminSway

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Smooth scrolling

Having a Sway with many images, I would like to wish a smooth scrolling feature. Scrolling with the mouse is - at least on my system - not very smooth, whereas scrolling by arrow keys is.

24 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 9 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • 3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you think this information is valuable to everyone who views the Sway or only for the author? Would you want to be able to “like/star/fave” any other piece of content in the Sway? Anyone who likes this idea, let us know what you think in the comments!

• Clean elegant themes

I want to use Sway with professional audiences. Background textures, wacky typefaces, and swooshy transitions get you ignored

Please provide additional clean & elegant theme/design options.
                        I want my Sways to look like 85% Medium.com (excellent typography, focus on content, understated design), and 15% PowerPoint (emphasis on headings/sections, strong focus/full screen emphasis on certain elements).

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate the feedback! We have two “elegant” themes currently: the first row and the fourth row of the Design Pane (Click on Style). You can also further customize them by choosing your font combinations and color palettes, making the accent colors clean and more understated. Are you finding these variations to be too limiting and would simply like more? Are the colors/fonts not appropriate, even after customizing? Let us know in the comments!

• Combine two text boxes

Combine two seperate text content boxes

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, you can combine text cards by dragging and dropping one into the other. However, this only works if there are line breaks between text in the main card. We are tracking this issue as a bug and will update this post when it has been addressed. Thanks for reporting this to us! :)

• Ability to Embed Quizlet Decks!

There should be an option to allow Quizlet decks to be embedded

13 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Need a Copy Link button when sharing.

Hi,

We need the ability to select the share links text and see the "Select All" option.

Or we need a copy link button.

That said, I like Sway and where you're going with the new features.

Thanks.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried clicking “Copy to Clipboard” when trying to share the Sway link? This will copy the entire URL to your clipboard so you can paste it anywhere without having to worry about a “select all” option. Additionally, when you click on the link, all of it should highlight to make it easy for you to copy. :)

• Sway integration for Lync (Skype for Business)

It would be amazing, if you could integrate Sway into Office Web App, to share it in Lync conferences. I know this implies work from 3 different Teams, but maybe there is a way :)

9 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! The more and more we move towards a full-release, we’re looking into releasing a version of Sway appropriate for enterprise customers. This feedback is really great for helping us come up with features that may be useful in those scenarios.

• Where has my storyline gone?

I made a sway over the last few weeks and i need to add to it, but when i open my sways online through 365 i only see the preview pane and no storyline is present! Help!!

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delayed response! If you notice a bug like this, we usually pay attention to the error page forum to address issues more quickly vs the idea suggestion forums where we wait for ideas to gain a following. Are you still experiencing this problem? Have you ensured that you are logged in when clicking the link to your Sway? If so, please reply directly to the email so we can assist you further.

• A home page with fresh news all the time

I'd like to add dynamic elements like news, rss, urls so that my home page is automatically updated.
                                    I am doing it now with www.rssinclude.com but it's laborious and not very elegant (see attached...my fault). It should be very easy for you guys to add a widget/app to do it.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • PPT

When importing PowerPoints, my pictures and clip art are separated. Really need options on how to format uploads.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Replace image command

When adding images to cards it would be nice to have a replace image command. That way when you want to try a different image in your sway design, you don't have to always delete the image and then start a new card and add new media

55 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          12 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For the time being, we kind of have this feature for header and title cards. Just drag a new image over the card and it will pop the old picture out into a separate image card and add the new image to the header/title. We’ll continue gathering feedback to see if we should expand this capability like you suggest. :)

• 59 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base