Sway

Welcome to Sway’s Suggestion Box!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. We will read all suggestions and respond to every suggestion that gets at least 20 votes. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion boxes, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Standard Disclaimer
(Our lawyers made us put this here ;-) )
Please note that the Sway Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

I would like...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More formatting and layout options

Would be nice to see some "traditional" layout tools such as tables or text justification options to further help swayers(?) design. Thanks!

Additionally, it would be really awesome if we could edit the text blocks differently. Like have one be one font size, whereas another is a different color.

Italic, Colors, Fonts, Size, Forms etc.
    Paste images from other websites (without putting them on OneDrive\Documents\Sway)
    Copy/Paste without the security message
    Resizeable pictures
    Drag and drop the structure in the preview
    An interactive summary

688 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      28 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Sway presentation link which the presentor controls

Share link on people's devices so when the presentor speaks, he control the next page and everybody connected through that link will see the next page on their device.

Call this the presentator mode.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • No limit to the number of images or pictures

I was thinking of having a sway for each year with sections in each for the different months. Each section then will have my personal photos and videos and comments for that month as part of my memories collection. I had created one with the photos from my one drive. However, there seems to be a limit in the number of images one can have in a sway. Is it possible not to have this limitation?

19 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          8 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we continue to improve our performance, we will work on raising the limit of images you can have in your Sway.

Has anyone else reached the maximum image limit? If so, let us know in the comments what you were trying to use Sway to make and why you needed that many pictures.

• Embed Sway directly into email

Looking for Sway to be embedded into an email rather than just clicking on the link.

830 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            31 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • PowerPoint Tools available in Sway

As an avid user of ppt... Sway seems to limit my "creativity" by just having templates in the remix (altho i do think it would be helpful for others who just want a ready-made look)...

a) choosing fonts and font color and size
            i use font style sometimes as an addition to whatever message i need to convey.. so if its light then its comic sans.. if its horror themed.. then i go for chiller. if i want to emphasize a word.. i might want to start with a small sized font until and make it grow into a full…

13 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! If you break apart your requests into separate submissions, it is easier for others to vote for which ones they want us to work on! Additionally, you can use some of your allotted votes to vote for ones that are already submitted. :)

It’s certainly interesting to hear what features from PPT and other Office applications users want to see in Sway. However, Sway is a new option for people within the Office portfolio, and whether you choose Sway, PPT, or any other Office application really depends on your own specific needs and content creation preferences. While we don’t plan to build all of PPT’s functionality into Sway, we do want to understand what features from PPT, or other Office apps, you think might be absolutely critical for Sway. We’ll consider how each requested feature from those other apps would fit with the unique…

• The ability to import from OneDrive or other services

I would like the ability to import files from OneDrive and other services like Dropbox rather than just being able to import files into sway locally. I feel this would give much more of an option for users. I am really enjoying using Sway at the moment it is a very good idea.

9 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! When creating a Sway, did you try clicking on the “Media” button after clicking on the black diamond with the plus sign? OneDrive is currently a supported source for importing images. Dropbox is on our radar.

• Share a folder or collection of Sways

So have one link that shows a grid of the different sways in the folder. Much like OneDrive, where you can share a folder and see all the items in a grid format. The layout is very nice and allows the user to share in one link multiple sways.

22 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • touch screen features

Leveraging a surface, and would love to see some added options for the Surface pen. When viewing a sway, being able to swipe with my finger to move along would be great.

20 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • For my formatting to stay mine!!

I just used Sway for a final presentation and IT. WAS. TERRIBLE.
                    Because the size of the projector was different than my computer, all of the formatting that I tried so hard to force Sway to do was removed. Sway decided what the images should look like. And they were wrong. Some of my most important equations were shrunken down to the point at which they were no longer useful.
                    My professor and other students gave negative design feedback regarding the font, the size of pictures and graphs, and the tilt of the images.
                    I have another final presentation later…

7 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry about your negative experience, and we are avidly working to eliminate the issues you have brought up. We would like to avoid having our end users “force” Sway into specific formatting, which is why we’re working with a new creation paradigm. (You can read more about our philosophy here: http://blogs.office.com/2014/12/10/sway-philosophy/). As we continue to improve our algorithms, we would appreciate any specific feedback you can leave us in the comments! Why were the images wrong? Was it mostly ones that involved text/equations that were no longer useful? What was wrong about the font? Why was the new formatting not effective? Feel free to attach some screenshots if possible (or attach your Sway and the dimensions of the screen it was viewed on) so we can investigate further. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• More semantic structure?

I realise you are trying to keep content and styling separate and use 'semantic' structure (like html5?) by using things like 'emphasis'.
                      That's fine, but how about some more features like that? ....like article, caption, aside, navigation, header, footer..

oh and separately ..graphic flow left/right... would be wonderful....

8 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Insert Visio Diagrams as native content

I think I can use sway for compelling presentation of technical and business information, but much of my content is in Visio and exporting to raster format like PNG to import in Sway is far from ideal (poor zoom in / details experience, large file size).

44 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          6 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Progress meter for viewers

For larger sways it would be nice for the viewers to have some sense of how much is yet to be seen.

31 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Adjust space between items on storyline

I'd like to be able to adjust the space between the different items on my storyline

9 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Why do you want to adjust the space between different items? Did you think it was too spread out or too close together? Which items weren’t properly spaced? Was it for aesthetic reasons or for something else? Let us know in the comments!

• Embed vertical Sway into a blog

It would be awesome if I could write blog posts using the vertical scrolling sway and then sharing it on a blog platform.

Not as a smaller embedded iframe, but as a full size post, as we can see them on the sway website right now.

I created a small Sway to explain with a picture my idea:
                              https://sway.com/QxyhZpeIQonyET68

Of course the end could automatically add a "created with Sway" or something to give appropriate credits to the app!

184 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                15 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Set base Font and Colour, Sway to do the rest

Basically we're looking at the possibility to use a sway professionally when we need to quickly communicate an idea/concept/development to clients. Normally we might send an email, usually not enough time to produce a ppt, but a Sway could be perfect to help us communicate more efficiently.

However, we need to be able to brand it a bit so we'd like the ability to set one font and select one highlight colour (the font we always use for headers, and our "corporate colour"). After that Sway can do whatever it wants matching fonts and colours to our selected ones.

I…

9 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  2 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for explaining your scenario to us. Have you tried uploading your logo as an image in your Sway, then picking the color palette based on that image? If not, try going to the “Mood” pane then selecting “Color.” You can choose whatever image you want, but try one with your logo and branding colors. Does this meet your needs? Let us know why or why not in the comments!

Currently we don’t have any direct font customization, but we appreciate your feedback!

• 2 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Heading image – color change

When I upload a heading image the color changes dramatically! This is a big problem if it is a visual made for a company with specific CI colors or/and if I want to include the Logo...Id would be amazing if you could change that!!

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just to clarify — is the image you uploaded getting a color overlay that is distorting how the image is colored?

In some of our styles, we have recipes that change the color of an image in order to make text over it more legible. While we don’t have any overrides currently available in the product, we appreciate the feedback and will consider it as a feature request for the future!

• Direct connection with programs like mind mapping

It would be very easy if there was a direct connection with OneNote since it is used to gather website information very quickly. Also, a connection with content from other programs like mind mapping could be very interesting.

14 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! In order to better capture votes so we can monitor feature requests, we would ask you to break apart your request into two separate requests. For now, we’re editing your request to be solely for mind mapping since a request for OneNote integration has already been submitted. Use some of your votes to vote for the OneNote feature request, and let us know more about why you want it in the comments! :)

• Add a background video

Not just photos/images as background... videos in order to personalize my sway and make it more dynamic!

25 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • HTML

I would like to make my sway as Langding page
                                          There for I need to embed HTML

6 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base